Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After

Woke up at 7:30 this morning.

We're going to New York City.

So I got up, took a shower, and went downstairs to eat. My sister comes down and tells me that my 7 yr old nephew peed on my face wash and hair products and hair dryer that was on the floor :| FML! Luckily for me, she's a clean freak and sanitized everything. Boys are stupid.

So Annie, Michael, Little Italy, and I all drove to New Jersey to catch a train to New York. I slept that whole way... the train ride was only an hour. But MAN. It was cold, windy, and rainy in the city. Right as soon as we got off at Penn Station, we walked up from the subway and in front of me was a beautiful cathedral with aged spires and flying buttresses and delicate embellishments. I absolutely adore cathedrals <3

Then we went straight to the Museum of Modern Art for the Tim Burton show. The line to get into the museum was snaking AROUND THE BLOCK. As we were walking down it, we were freaking out that we wouldn't get in. JUST THEN, A MIRACLE HAPPENED. A worker there had 4 tickets he was given for family and friends. He saw us and sold them to us for $10 each. IT WAS LEGIT! We just scored full access tickets and didn't have to wait five minutes! We waltzed in and OH MY GOD. The show was amazing! Lots of sketches, little pieces, paintings, sculptures, even his old assignments from 1975! There was a whole room filled with movie props, costumes, storyboards, and figures from his claymations. It was AMAZING.

After that, we hit up this cool little burger place called Shake Shack. I got a super yummy vanilla shake and this AMAZING Shroom Burger. It was a huge mushroom stuffed with cheese and deep fried in place of a meat patty. It was GODLY. And there were these fat squirrels that lived by the Shake Shack! There were friendly guys... one crawled up Annie's leg! Then we went and saw Strawberry Fields in Central Park. John Lennon was watching us! Ha ha, then we ventured over to Time Square and checked out the NBC and Nintendo store. I bought a Mudkip plushie :)

Oh, somewhere between all of that, we went to this cool music store. Well, it was one company that owned lots of music stores. One would specialize in brass, one in pianos, and the one we went into was the guitar store. I kid you not: wall to wall from floor to ceiling... all different colors, shapes, types, makes, and editions of guitars. It was really awesome to see some of the special paint jobs. There were cute boys in there, too :P Always the musicians with the emo hair. But it was a cool place to check out.

We walked around Rockefeller Center... I totally missed the giant tree all lit up. Bahahahaaa.

And then we came home. Back on the train, back in New Jersey, back in the car, and home again. My jeans were soaked from the bottoms to my knees, and so were my shoes and socks. I wore my easy access holey jeans today that are super baggy and really long... not smart for the rain :|

Well it was a good after Christmas trip :)

xx So Happy Marz

No comments:

Post a Comment